Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Parable of the Poop

What has become of me?? I've been blessed enough to stay home with Bug since she's been born. That means, 9 + months away from the classroom. The former teacher in me wants to find lessons everywhere, and today I reached a new low........

POOP!!

The monologue conversation with Bug this morning during our diaper changing went something like this:

Me: Wow, you're one stinky girl. Did you go poo-poo?? (why we ask questions when we know they're not going to answer is beyond my understanding)

Me: Yes, you did. That's one little poop, but boy do you smell (said while throwing up in my mouth--just a little).

Me: I guess today's lesson for you (Bug) is that even though you're small, you can really pack a big punch!!


So I guess my Parable of the Poop is the modern-day translation of the verse, "Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young." First Timothy 4:12

Ahhh, the teachable moment! Teacher of the year right here!! Hehe!  :-P

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Ah those moments when they dont talk back are precious. Just wait till she screams at you" MOMMY, I went POOP!" Then you will really be throwing up in your mouth :)

Have a wonderful Tuesday,

Susannah said...

At least you are teaching her something! Hygeine and bible! miss you!

April (Mama is on the Potty) said...

I am over from MBC! Love the blog! My 9 month old just laughs like I am the silliest person in the world when I talk about stinky! I am hoping it might pay off during potty training. She def knows what a stinky is at this point!! lol I am following ya!
Come over and check me out!

yepisaidthat.blogspot.com