Since it is better to give than to receive (and since these are the rules of accepting awards in bloggerland), I would love to pass this award on to some blogs I LOVE to follow. I'm super into all the DIY, crafty, money saving, make-me-laugh blogs. So to acknowledge some of my favorites, I'm passing this award to: Our Suburban Cottage, Coupon Clippin Mommy, A Soft Place to Land, Confessions of a Control Freak, and Puget Sound Prudence
I've also received my 3rd award from Southern Sass. Thanks so much, girlie! You all should go check her out.
In order to accept this award, I need to come up with 10 honest things about myself....will you still promise to follow me after reading some of these??
1. I hold my pee for a ridiculous (and unhealthy) amount of time for no other reason than just not feeling like going at the moment. SHEER LAZINESS!! Yep, this is the first one on my list because I'm doing it AS I WRITE and the bathroom is maybe 10 ft. away.
2. Since I'm planning on writing a blog about these later on (as embarrassing and inappropriate as it may be), Bug has left me with the gift that keeps on giving---hemmoroids! I read about them in every pregnancy book and have heard the hard truth from several of my friends after giving birth. I thought since I didn't get them during pregnancy that I had lucked out...........Guess I had another thing coming. I didn't realize you could have hemmoroids unless they were external and visible. For someone that actually does have a brain, I tend to pull a Jessica Simpson every now and again and am so dumb I surprise myself. Yep, hemmoroids can also be internal and are painful as heck!
3. I always, ALWAYS brush my teeth beyond the 2 minute requirement (I know that for sure now since getting the Sonicare toothbrush--best one EVER. You NEED to buy it). I also always wash my hands while mentally singing happy birthday TWICE and rubbing like crazy to get that friction going. For someone who's not exactly a clean-freak---I'm kind of OCD about this. :-)
4. I must, must, MUST always drink with a straw at restaurants and even with to-go cups (I feel ya Southern Sass). I don't know what or why that is. I mean, I'll gladly eat off their plates and use their utensils...for whatever reason, I can't put my mouth on their cups.
5. Part of me enjoys the fact that I know have a built-in excuse not to do something because of my Bug. At the same time, sometimes I hate it (case in point: probably be chillin with Darling Dearest alone on New Years cuz friends will wanna be out doing something more fun).
6. I'm not completely disgusted with myself if I don't shower for a day or two. Part of me hates the hassle of showering and having to dry my formerly ridiculously thick hair (I say formerly because I just got my hair majorly layered and am not too pumped about my lack of volume at the moment--another post for another time).
7. I love doing and saying things that make people completely uncomfortable---especially my fam. There's nothing I love more than embarrassing people by embarrassing myself in public. Sometimes I like to have a jam session in the store with Darling Dearest hiding in the corner. I can't wait until Bug is older and I can do the same to her. :-)
8. I'm obsessed with google. I google EVERYTHING. I think I would be lost without it.
9. I'm equally obsessed with HGTV thanks to Cleopatra. I have yet to find a show I don't love. I'm particularly Obsessed with Get It Sold, Design on a Dime, Design to Sell, and Divine Design. I think just maybe I'll become as talented as them through osmosis.
10. I don't know where I'd be without my family. Truth: Sometimes I actually think of horrible things happening and having to live without one of them (most often my husband) and I get overwhelmed with sadness. I have the most amazing husband and baby girl. I've also been blessed to have pretty much the greatest family and extended family. I never realized how awesome I had it with these relationships until I've seen others with broken relationships. Truly blessed by God.
I'm passing this fun award on to a few people who's blogs are awesomely honest and keep me entertained.
Mama Still Wears Gucci, The Obnoxious SAHM, The Edwards Edition (my hilarious girlie IRL), and Confessions of a Slightly Neurotic New Mother. Hope you stop by these blogs and show them some love.
***If there are spelling or grammar errors in this post, I just don't care. I am going to fight the urge to re-read this because Bug is up and quite frankly, I'm over this post. :-) ***